The Stars My Destination

Forums for Game Night scheduling, tracking and discussion (formerly for players of Space Empires V: The Stars My Destination PBW game)

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Next West Side Game Night is TBD, Next East Side is TBD
Buckeye Game Fest September 21st - 24th
Waiting for some of you to reply to emails is like waiting for HPD to take his turn.

Share | 

Question for the SEV elders in the game...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RDaneel

PostSubject: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 09:50

Being essentially a noob at this game myself (I have never actually *completed* a game of SEV) there's something that... errr a friend of mine asked me and I was unable to answer him/her/it. So maybe somebody out there in the darkness of space knows the answer so I can tell my friend.

When does an empire become officially "dead"? Does it happen when the empire has zero colonies, or does the empire stay in the game as long as it still has any ships/units alive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheChin!
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 11:23

Hmmm, interesting question. I have never played multi-human player long enoough for to be an issue yet. In single player, you can usually get the AI to surrender long before you get to the hunting-down the-last-frigate scenario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starsmydestination.forumotion.com
RDaneel

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 11:46

Yeah that's exactly it. My friend is trying to figure out just how much "frigate hunting" frustration he might have to incur in dealing with a human player that refuses to surrender even after being obviously defeated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheChin!
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 12:16

If your "friend" is dealing with one of the players that I used to have LAN parties with, then I know what you mean. They will find the nastiest sensor-clouding storm as far away from you as possible and hide in it.

Oh the joys of hunting down the last underwater unit in Total Annihilation when all they had to do was Ctrl-D (Self-Destruct). Bastards! Though, comparing those players from bygone days, I have to say Fish was a bigger culprit in this than HPD, as Stroop would attest to if he ever read this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starsmydestination.forumotion.com
RDaneel

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 12:57

I never should have brought this up I think. Now you've gone and given the enemy of my friend some good ideas for bringing great frustration to my friend. At least, assuming that an empire can still be alive after all colonies have been removed. Which remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bearclaw

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 14:09

Techically, it is based on colonies. If a race has no more colonies, but still has ships, they can still play their turn and give their ships orders but without a colony they cannot make any contact, have treaties or anything else with other empires. That also means they cannot resupply (without solar panels), cannot repair, etc. And their total resource income is some silly amount like 200/200/200 per turn or something.

Basicly, without any colonies, an empire with just ships will eventually die completely unless their maintenance is less than the default amount. So unless their last ship is a colony ship, they're done without colonies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDaneel

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 21:01

Great. So I do have to hunt down that last colony ship. I figured as much.

Thanks for the info Bearclaw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDaneel

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 21:01

I mean, my friend does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the SEV elders in the game...   

Back to top Go down

Question for the SEV elders in the game...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1